Tuesday, November 20, 2018

This Is Weird


Hmmm. This is weird; I’m very confused. Well, it’s not weird that I am confused, this is something that happens to me quite often. The current problem is that I don’t know if I am grateful or thankful.  Grateful and thankful are both positive feelings of gratitude with the difference being that grateful implies that you need others to be happy, while you can be thankful all by your lonesome.  

I’m thankful that my wife loves me enough not to kill me in my sleep even though I probably deserve it much of the time.  

I’m grateful that Debbie consented to marry me.   

I’m thankful that together we have a wonderful, smart, talented and beautiful daughter.

I’m grateful that Hannah’s sense of humor mirrors mine.

I’m thankful that I have a job that positively affects hundreds of thousands of people of many different races and cultures.

I’m grateful that my little family has plenty of food, clothing, and shelter - much of the world, especially where I work doesn’t. 

I’m thankful that I have more real friends than I can count who live all around the world - on every continent -  and many, many of them I will call them very close friends.  Well that's not quite true - I don't think I know anyone at all living on Antartica.  

I’m grateful that a dear husband of one of those friends who passed away just last night is walking with Jesus today, speaking with Moses, Paul, my mom and dad, and he no longer has to fight a disease that robbed him of all his memories.  He is whole today.  

I'm both grateful and so very thankful that so many of my friends and family are becoming partners with the IMFC reaching the poor and displaced people of the world, so I guess I am not confused at all, rather I'm just a very happy, contented and blessed man.  Hmmm. I guess though that in this day and age being happy, contented and blessed is a very weird thing.    

Happy Thanksgiving all y’all.  

Steve D


No comments:

Post a Comment